UALA Girls ProgramUpdatedSaturday January 9, 2021 byIngrid Raphael.
Girls Registration opens Jan. 9-March 11.
The Upper Arlington Lacrosse Association (UALA) promotes sportsmanship, teamwork, and respect while teaching the sport of lacrosse to players and coaches of all abilities and experience levels. Our goal is to provide Upper Arlington with a single resource that supports all aspects of the youth lacrosse community.
2021 registration is open. The UALA Girls Program offers a Spring Recreation Lacrosse League for all girls in grades 1-6, and a Select Program for girls in grades 3-6 who desire a higher level of competition, instruction and tournament play.
The UALA Girls Program aspires to be inclusive regardless of experience and skill level, offering appropriate instruction to all who want to learn the game. The UALA Recreational League is an instructional lacrosse league for all girl’s grades 1-6. The UALA Spring season begins with practices in March and runs through the end of May. All players are required to have a mouth guard, goggles and a stick.
The 1-2 grade program includes one hour of drills and stick work for on Sundays at 4pm, Tremont Turf Field.
The 3/4 and 5/6 Recreation season consists of two practices a week and Sunday games for an eight-week period.
Practices are twice per week: one practice is LADM (lacrosse athlete development model) consists of a large group, division practice broken down by age-level and the other is a recreational team practice. Games are every Sunday.No games Easter weekend.
UALA is excited to announce that it has adopted the US Lacrosse Development Model for all its league offerings. For the Recreation 3-6 grade, there is grade level-specific group practice every Wednesday. The players will focus on developing core skills through common drills and combined coaching. The second weekly practice are with the player’s Recreational League team and coaches. Players receive equal playing time in all Recreation League Games. Recreational League coaches are volunteer parents who will emphasize skill development, sportsmanship, and teamwork over winning and scoring. In all UALA Recreational games, score is not kept. Additional schedule will be announced once teams are assigned mid-March.
The Girls Select Program is for girls in grades 3-6 who desire a higher level of competition and instruction and includes tournament play. This includes tournament play with other schools and attendance at practice and games is necessary.
• The program is open to all participants in the UALA Recreational League.
• The program is an extension of the UALA League; girls are required to participate in the UALA Recreational League.
• The team will practice once a week, in addition to the UALA Recreational League team practices.
• The team will play 2 -3 games and 1-2 local tournaments. Past year's the Select league participated in the New Albany Lax Jam, the Dublin Jamboree and Ohio Cup. The girls UALA Select also hosted Worthington.
• Teams are formed to create equal strength teams for each tournament play. Based on the interest and participation levels, two or three teams may be formed per age level: 3rd/4th and 5th/6th. The intent is to accommodate all interested athletes and to create small teams to provide equal playing time.
• PLAYER EXPECTATIONS
• To attend and put forth effort during practice and games.
• To be attentive to the coaching staff and be able to execute instructions.
• To be unselfish in play and support teammates.
• Attendance in most all practices and 100% attendance of games and
HOW TO PARTICIPATE!
Step 1: Sign up for the UALA Recreational (Rec) League
Step 2: When signing up for UALA on the website, check the appropriate box for the Select and complete the required information.
Select Teams practice on Mondays time TBD First Practice is April 5.Final schedules and teams are posted on the website after UA's Spring Break.
|uala girls field drawing.JPG|