The Select program is an additional lacrosse experience provided to 3rd/4th and 5th/6th UALA Recreational League participants. The purpose of this program is to provide additional practices, instruction, and competitive play against teams from nearby communities. The focus will be on proper skill development, good sportsmanship, and having fun!
• The program is open to all participants in the UALA Recreational League.
• The program is an extension of the UALA League; girls are required to participate in the UALA Recreational League.
• The team will practice once a week, in addition to the UALA Recreational League team practices.
• The team will play 2 -3 games and 1-2 local tournaments. Last year the Select league participated in the New Albany Lax Jam, the Dublin Jamboree and Ohio Cup. The girls UALA Select also hosted Worthington.
Confirmed Saturday April 11, 2020 at 10am Round Robin Tournament with Hudson and Jackson teams for 5/6 grades.
• Teams are formed to create equal strength teams for each tournament play. Based on the interest and participation levels, two or three teams may be formed per age level: 3rd/4th and 5th/6th. The intent is to accommodate all interested athletes and to create small teams.
• PLAYER EXPECTATIONS
• To attend and put forth effort during practice and games.
• To be attentive to the coaching staff and be able to execute instructions.
• To be unselfish in play and support teammates.
• Attendance in most all practices and 100% attendance of games and
HOW TO PARTICIPATE!
Step 1: Sign up for the UALA Recreational (Rec) League
Step 2: When signing up for UALA on the website, check the appropriate box for the Select and complete the required information.
Select Teams practice on Mondays 5:30-6:30pm First Practice is April 6.Final schedules and teams are posted on the website after UA's Spring Break.